RULES FOR POSTING ON THE E-BULLETIN BOARD
Approved January 17, 2004
- All items submitted for review must have an expiration date. Expiration date will be the effective date the items submitted will be terminated from running on the E-Board. No item will be left on the E-Board longer than 90 days, unless approved by the Library Director.
- No personal items will be accepted for submission on the e-board. Personal items are described as, but are not limited to, the following examples. Garage Sales, personal items for sale, and or employment opportunities.
- No commercial or "for profit "items will be accepted for posting on the e-board. This includes listing of any activity for which any currency is accepted. Commercial businesses are defined as any business which sells, does a service and accepts currency for the product or services rendered. "For Profit" will apply to any person or organization which receives currency for services or products received for the transfer of currency.
- Items for Church or religious organization services, functions or activities will not be accepted.
- Political or campaign items will not be accepted. No items will be posted which support any particular candidate or party. Announcements regarding open candidate forums will be accepted. Open candidate forum will be identified as follows: One or more political candidates hosting a public meeting which involves question and answer sessions.
- Due to time/space constraints, some items may not be posted. Graphic Department will determine the time and space available when entering an item on the e-board. In such situations, preference will be given to events which take place in San Juan County and to events supporting the educational, artistic or cultural enrichment of the community.
- In most cases, a general statement may be submitted as long as it meets the following standards:
- Must identify the organization and whom they support.
- Must state the location of the activity.
- Must state where to obtain more detailed information, i.e., handouts.
- Must identify a point of contact by name, their location and phone number.
- Items must be approved by the Security Staff and then submitted with their recommendation to the Graphics Department. Security Officers will evaluate all requests using the evaluation procedures developed. Once item(s) have been evaluated, they will either be destroyed or sent forward with Security's recommendation to the Graphic Department.
- All items must be "ready to go", in a format that is digital or can be scanned and then posted into the presentation. No design work will be performed by the library staff.
Due to time/space constraints, some items may not be posted. In such situations, preference will be given to events which take place in San Juan County and to events supporting the educational, artistic or cultural enrichment of the community.