TEEN ZONE GAMING SYSTEM POLICY
June 11, 2008 Revised 3/25/09
The Farmington Public Library welcomes youth ages 13-19 to use the Gaming System used in the Teen Zone. Special events and tournaments may include adult participation.
Our services and programs are offered to make the library enticing to teens, to encourage them to visit the library and to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Failure to follow these rules and Acceptable Behavior will result in loss of library Gaming System privileges in the Teen Zone. Teens must read and agree to this Gaming System Policy before use of the system. The teen is responsible for any damages to any of the equipment that occurs during use. A manual invoice will be generated and attached to the library card holder for the damages. This will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Teens must be between the ages of 13-19.
- Teens must have a valid Farmington Public Library card in good standing. In addition, during the summer months, teens must be registered for the summer reading program.
- Game playing will be limited to 30 minutes (1/2-hour). If no one is waiting to use the system, play may continue. Anyone using the Gaming System must be willing to end the game when requested by Teen Zone staff.
- Gamers will use the games, controllers and other accessories available in the Teen Zone. No outside games will be played in the Teen Zone.
- Gamers will be asked to respect others and keep the volume and noise level low. This includes no vulgar, foul, or inappropriate language or actions. If Teens do not keep within these guidelines they will lose gaming privileges for the day. If there are continued problems, further action will be taken.
- A list of games will be provided online. Games and accessories will be kept in the Teen Zone locked cabinet when not in use.
- Gamers are asked to treat the equipment gently. Gamers who do not treat equipment gently will be asked by Teen Zone staff to stop for the day. Gamer who repeatedly abuses equipment will have his/her Gaming System privileges revoked.
- Inventory of the gaming accessories will be taken daily by Teen Zone staff.
- The Teen Zone Gaming System can be used throughout the day when staff is working the Teen Zone.
- Gaming System will be shut down one hour (1 hr.) before library closes.
- The policy is posted online and in the Teen Zone.