Winter Session - exclusive for Animas Elementary
- Animas Elementary @ 5:30pm to 7pm
- January 13, 2015 to February 17, 2015
Spring Session -exclusive for Apache Elementary
- Apache Elementary @ 5:30pm to 7pm
- March 30, 2015 to May 4, 2015
Summer Session - OPEN REGISTRATION
- Farmington Public Library @ 5:30pm to 7pm
- Monday, June 15, 2015 to July 20, 2015
PRIME TIME FAMILY READING TIME at your school or organization
- Decide on a six week schedule at
- Decide on a time (5:30 to 7:00pm works best)
- Select a day (Monday or Tuesday are best)
- Recruit 15 to 22 families to attend the six week session
- Location can be your site or the Farmington Public Library
- Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman is the book used for the four week session at Middle Schools.
- The discussion uses a multicultural syllabus, assigned by chapters, that uses stories to relate back to their own cultural experience.
- Please contact Flo Trujillo for details.
SAMPLE SCHEDULE for PRIME TIME FAMILY READING TIME®
PRIME TIME SCHEDULE 5:30pm-- REGISTRATION TABLE
Families arrive at first session Photo is taken (release form) Families receive their book bags Dinner/snack and survey
6:00pm-- LIBRARY AREA & Daycare
Library Commercial Storyteller reads story Scholar/Discussion Leader
7:00pm-- SESSION ENDS prize giveaway at each session
Each PRIME TIME session includes a library commercial to introduce families to additional library resources including summer reading, story time, homework aids, GED materials, books on parenting and health care, computer/internet resources, and local and international newspapers and magazines.