Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm
Starting February 4th
Farmington Public Library and Shiprock Branch Library uses the Every Child Ready to Read practices from the American Library Association to help parents in their critical role as their child's first teacher. Current research on early literacy indicates that it is never too early to prepare children for success as readers. Bring your child to Story Time and enjoy stories, finger plays, songs and movement activities. Learn fun and easy ways to help your children gain the skills they need.
Guidelines for Storytime
- Be playful: Please join in and show your child that storytime is fun. The time to visit with other adults is before or after storytime.
- Distractions: Arriving late is sometimes impossible to avoid, but please enter the room with as little disruption as possible. Toys and food should be put away, and phones should be turned off or set on vibrate.
- Those bad days: Remember, we all have bad days. If your child becomes upset, please step away from the story time area to "regroup," then quietly return.
- Those insecure days: Please be patient with your child if he or she wants to observe instead of joining in. We completely understand that for some children this will be their first group experience in the library, and that it may take a few visits for them to feel comfortable.
- Check out books: An important part of the storytime experience for children is checking out books to read or share at home. Children of any age may have their very own library card. We believe the age a child gets their own card is the parents' decision.
- School Groups and Daycare Providers: Library Adventures is available for school and daycares and must be scheduled online. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Events Calendar
Come join us for stories, activities, and lots of FUN!
Open to children of all ages!
TEACHERS: Please register online (Library Adventures tab) for your next class visit. Thank you!
Please contact the Shiprock Branch Library for more information.